|Coaches and Administrators||Student-Athlete Information||Booster Information||Agent Information|
Fresno State Athletics is proud to have a loyal, generous, and active fan base. However, it is important that all supporters of Fresno State Athletics are aware of NCAA rules that pertain to outside support of intercollegiate athletics. In this respect, it is important that Fresno State and all of its boosters, friends, and fans abide by NCAA rules relating to contributions to Fresno State Athletics.
The following information is provided as a resource to all supporters of Fresno State Athletics so that they may better understand the rules and regulations of the NCAA, WAC, and Fresno State. However, this information is only a guide and the Compliance Office reminds everyone to "Ask Before You Act."
1. Am I A Booster? As an alum, fan, or friend of Fresno State you are considered a booster. Fresno State is responsible for the actions of its boosters. If a booster violates an NCAA rule, even unintentionally, there are penalties for the university and the individuals involved.
2. What Is An Extra Benefit? You may not provide any type of extra benefit to a prospective or enrolled student-athlete or their family or friends. Examples of extra benefits include, but are not limited to: cash; gifts of any kind; a vehicle or use of a vehicle; free or reduced cost goods or services; arranging, providing, or co-signing a loan; and free or reduced cost housing. An individual can become a booster, if not previously identified as a booster, if he or she provides such benefits.
3. Can A Booster Recruit? As a booster, you may not be involved in recruiting a prospective student-athlete. A prospective student-athlete is a student who has started classes for the ninth grade.
4. Who Can A Booster Employ? You may not employ or arrange for the employment of a prospective student-athlete until after he or she has signed a National Letter of Intent and has completed his or her senior year of high school. You may employ a current student-athlete provided he or she registered the job with the Compliance Office.
5. Always Ask Before You Act!
Fresno State Athletics would like to thank you for your continued support of your Fresno State Bulldogs. Again, if you have any questions, please contact the Fresno State Compliance Office at (559) 278-5116.