- To review action plans and recommendations from the first cycle of athletics certification.
- To ensure progress in taking corrective actions that were recommended at the conclusion of the last certification process.
- To ensure current institutional conformity with the NCAA operating principles in the areas of governance/compliance, academic integrity, and equity and student athletes well-being.
- To provide the opportunity for the University and the public to become more aware of the operation of the Athletics Program and solicit their ideas and suggestions for program improvement.
- To fully engage offices across the University which support the Athletics Program to ensure all processes related to admissions, eligibility, financial support, and academic support reflect the industry’s best practices and reflect the theme of adherence to NCAA rules, shared responsibilities and institutional oversight.
- To update Athletics policies, procedures, and student handbook.
- To develop and implement a gender equity and diversity plan that will serve us well over the next 5 to 10 years.
- To ensure a comprehensive compliance program.