Nov. 21, 2009
* Fresno State honored the 20th Anniversary of the 1989 Cal Bowl championship that went 11-1 and is considered one of the best in school history.
* Pat Hill said farewell to 18 Bulldog seniors in pregame ceremonies. The seniors playing their final home game were: Seyi Ajirotutu, Reynard Camp, Anthony Harding, Moses Harris, Marvin Haynes, A.J. Jefferson, Isaac Kinter, Ryan Machado, Robert Malone, Frank Manquero, Lonyae Miller, Marlon Moore, Darren Newborn, Damion Owens, Richard Pacheco, Wilson Ramos, Jamaal Rashad and Chastin West. Over the last four years, the class has compiled a record of 26-19 with two bowl appearances. Seyi Ajirotutu, Reynard Camp, Anthony Harding, Moses Harris, Marvin Haynes, A.J. Jefferson, Isaac Kinter, Ryan Machado, Robert Malone, Frank Manquero, Lonyae Miller, Marlon Moore, Darren Newborn, Damion Owens, Richard Pacheco, Wilson Ramos, Jamaal Rashad and Chastin West. Over the last four years, the class has compiled a record of 27-19 with two bowl appearances.
* Sophomore Kevin Goessling made his 12th, 13th and 14th consecutive field goals, setting a new Bulldog record for kicking accuracy. He previously shared the record with Barry Belli at 11 in a row. He's made 21 of his last 23 attempts and 14 of 15 on the season. He's now made two make or lose field goals as time expired in his career, beating Utah State last season by the same scored 30-28.
* Senior Lonyae Miller surpassed the 2,000-yard rushing total for his career and scored a second-quarter touchdown of 5 yards before leaving the game with cramps. He has 371 carries for 2,037 yards and 20 touchdowns.
* Seyi Ajirotutu caught his 11th career touchdown, Fresno State's first of the day, that tied the game in the first quarter 7-7. He caught a 23-yard corner route pass from Ryan Colburn for his sixth touchdown of the season.
* Junior linebacker Ben Jacobs tied an NCAA FBS and WAC record by forcing three fumbles in the game. He also scored his second career touchdown on a fumble return. He stripped La Tech back Daniel Porter in the first quarter and returned the fumble 21 yards for a touchdown. The last time the Dogs had a fumble return for a touchdown as by Sharrod Davis last season against New Mexico State. The last time Jacobs did it was last season at Toledo. He added his second recovery in the second quarter that stopped a La Tech guide in Fresno State territory and forced a fumble in the fourth when La Tech moved into Bulldog territory.
* Junior nose tackle Cornell Banks had his best game as a Bulldog with six tackles and stripped the ball from quarterback Ross Jenkins for a second turnover of the game.
* Senior Damion Owens had a season-high tackles five tackles.
* Freshman Robbie Rouse had career highs with 21 carries for 75 yards in the game playing in place of all three for Fresno State veteran backs who were injured.
* The Bulldogs are off until Dec. 5 when they play at Illinois in the final regular season game of 2009.
|Email this article||Printer-friendly format|