Nov. 22, 2013
FRESNO, Calif. -
The Fresno State football team is set to honor 18 seniors on Saturday who will be playing the last regular season home game of their careers.
This group of seniors has led Fresno State to the head of the class in the Mountain West, guiding the Bulldogs to a share of the MW title in 2012 - the school's first since 1999 - and a 9-0 start to this season.
Fresno State enters Saturday's 1 p.m. game against New Mexico in Bulldog Stadium having won 11-straight games at home and 11-straight in Mountain West play.
Below is a look at the 2013 senior class (in alphabetical order) and some of their accomplishments on and off the field.
56 - Lars Bramer - OL - Clovis, Calif. - Career Games: 20/Starts: 16
● Has started each game as senior at center. Anchors an offensive line that has allowed just eight quarterback sacks on 485 passing attempts.
● Started the first seven games of his junior year at center, helping the 'Dogs offense average 35.3 points and 469.3 yards of offense in that time.
● Named to the Mountain West Academic All-Conference team as junior (2012).
1 - Isaiah Burse - WR - Modesto, Calif. - Career Games:48 / Starts: 21
● Ranks No. 3 in school history in all-purpose yardage.
● Has 171 career receptions, 2,129 yards and is responsible for 18 touchdowns in his career.
● Paul Horning Award Watch List candidate in 2012 and 2013.
● MW Special Teams Player of the Week following the Cal Poly game when he tied a school record by returning two punts for touchdowns.
4 - Derek Carr - QB - Bakersfield, Calif. - Career Games: 40/ Starts: 35
38 - Blake Dunn - K - Fresno, Calif.
● Fresno State's first Heisman candidate since his brother David in 2001. Named a semifinalist for multiple awards, including the Davey O'Brien, Maxwell, Walter Camp, Johnny Unitas Golden Arm awards.
● Owner of 20 school records.
● 2012 Mountain West Offensive Player of the Year and an All-American.
● One of three players in school history to be named a National Scholar-Athlete by the National Football Foundation. Is also a two-time Capital One Academic All-District selection.
● Has served as the scout team kicker since walking on in the spring of 2012.
71 - Andrew Gustafson - OL - Scottsdale, Ariz. - Career Games: 14
● Made 12 appearances as a junior on the field goal and PAT units.
● Played in the Idaho and Boise State games a sophomore.
90 - Nat Harrison - OLB - Fresno, Calif. - Career Games: 42/ Starts: 3
● Recorded season-best five tackles versus Cal Poly on Sept. 7.
● Has played in all nine games of 2013 and registered 14 tackles, 2.0 TFL & 1.0 sacks.
● Posted 11 tackles in 11 games as a junior. Had a season-high three tackles against Colorado.
● Played in all 13 games as a sophomore, recovered a fumble and returned it for a 40-yard touchdown in a win at Idaho.
18 - Andy Jennings - DE - Turlock, Calif. - Career Games: 25/ Starts: 18
● Has started each game as a senior on the defensive line, registering 21 tackles, one TFL and 0.5 sacks.
● Matched a career-high with six tackles in the season-opener against Rutgers.
● Tallied a career-high 3.0 sacks in 2012 versus San Diego State as well as two forced fumbles. He would later be named the Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week after that performance.
● Named 2012 All-Mountain West second-team.
89 - Marcel Jensen - TE - Fairfield, Calif. - Career Games: 34/ Starts: 15
● Named to the 2013 midseason John Mackay Award Watch List (most outstanding collegiate tight end).
● Matched a career-high at Wyoming on Nov. 9 with two touchdown receptions.
● Blocked potential game-winning field with no time remaining at San Diego State on Oct. 26 that would force overtime and allow Fresno State to go on and win to preserve the teams undefeated season.
● 2012 Honorable mention All-Mountain West.
● 2012 Mountain West Academic All-Conference team and received the 2012-13 Mountain West Scholar-Athlete Award.
● 2011 Academic All-WAC team.
6 - L.J. Jones - DB - Los Angeles, Calif. - Career Games: 43/ Starts: 35
● Named to Jim Thorpe Preseason Watch List.
● Has 33 career pass breakups and six interceptions.
● Scored first career touchdown on Sept. 28 vs. Hawai'i with 56-yard interception return.
● 2012 honorable mention All-Mountain West.
74 - James Le'au - OL - Utulei, American Samoa - Career Games: 20/ Starts: 1
● Has played in all nine games as an alternate on the offensive line that has surrendered only eight sacks on 485 passing attempts.
● Appeared in 11 games and made one start against Wyoming as a junior, Fresno State racked up 394 yards of offense and 42 points in the its win versus the Cowboys.
97 - Ben Letcher - DE - Corona, Calif. - Career Games: 18
● Has appeared in eight of nine games as a senior, collecting 6.5 tackles and one TFL.
● Saw action in 10 games as a junior, posted 14 tackles, four tackles for a loss and one sack.
52 - Nikko Motta - DE - Sanger, Calif. - Career Games: 29/ Starts: 15
● Has made eight starts and appeared in all nine games as a senior registering 26 tackles and 5.5 tackles for a loss.
● Tallied career bests in both sacks (2.0), tackles for loss (3.0) and recorded first career interception against Idaho on Oct. 5.
● Appeared in all 13 games as a junior and finished the season with seven consecutive starts.
37 - Jonathan Norton - DB - Moreno Valley, Calif. - Career Games: 22/ Starts: 1
● Named a Burlsworth Trophy nominee on Nov. 12 (most outstanding collegiate player that began his career has a walk-on).
● Made first career start on Oct. 19 against UNLV. Has appeared in every game senior season.
● Owns 30 tackles, 3.0 tackles for a loss, one sack, one forced fumble, two pass breakups and one quarterback hurry.
● Made game-clinching pass breakup on Sept. 20 against Boise State to preserve 41-40 win.
53 - Mike Saenz - OL - Whittier, Calif. - Career Games: 10
● Has appeared as an alternate for the offensive line against Idaho, UNLV and Wyoming.
● Saw action in seven games as a junior.
17 - Taylor Stewart - WR - Fresno, Calif. - Career Games: 19
● Has made four appearances as a senior.
● As a junior saw action in the Weber State, Colorado and San Diego State games.
● Appeared in 12 games as sophomore contributing to the special teams unit.
30 - Patrick Su'a - ILB - Bakersfield, Calif. - Career Games: 33/ Starts: 10
● Has appeared in all nine games for the Bulldogs, collecting 14 tackles and one sack.
● Made seven consecutive starts as a junior before suffering season-ending injury.
● Returned an interception 20 yard for a touchdown at Tulsa in 2012.
● Posted a career-best eight tackles in 2012 versus Weber State.
32 - Jeremiah Toma - ILB - Sacramento, Calif. - Career Games: 42/ Starts: 19
● Two-year team captain.
● Made 107 career tackles, recorded 12.5 tackles for a loss and three sacks.
● Recorded career-best 3.0 tackles for a loss at Idaho on Oct. 5.
● Current season-leader in forced fumbles (2).
72 - Austin Wentworth - OL - Rocklin, Calif. - Career Games: 44/ Starts: 39
● Played in 44 career games, making 39 starts (38 consecutive starts).
● Nominated for GEICO Best of College Football Play of the Year - 7-yard hook-and-ladder touchdown versus Cal Poly on Sept. 7
● 2012 First-Team All-Mountain West