Feb. 16, 2014
By Kasandra Martinson
SANTA CLARA, Calif. ---The Fresno State men's tennis team fell 4-0 to No. 74 Santa Clara on Sunday afternoon at the Degheri Tennis Center.
In doubles play Santa Clara took the first match with a 6-1 win in the top spot. Although Fresno State won the No. 3 doubles match, the Broncos answered moments later with a win in the second position to clinch the doubles point.
In singles, Santa Clara topped Fresno State in the No. 2 - No. 4 spots to win the dual.
The Bulldogs return home to Spalding G. Wathen Tennis Center next week to host Pacific on Feb. 19 and Mountain West opponent No. 72 New Mexico on Feb. 21.
Santa Clara 4, Fresno State 0
1. John Lamble (SC) vs. Sai Kartik Nakireddi (FS) unfinished
2. Ilya Osintsev (SC) def. John Darmstaedter (FS) 6-5, 6-1
3. Ashot Khacharyan (SC) def. Eric Komati (FS) 6-5, 6-1
4. Mikheil Khmiadashvil (SC) def. Nikolas Papic (FS) 6-4, 6-3
5. Jesse Ross (SC) vs. Ethan Lopez (FS) unfinished
6. Sam Bertram (SC) vs. Alexandros Georgios Vakouftsis (FS) unfinished
1. Ilya Osintsev/John Lamble (SC) def. Sai Kartik Nakireddi/Eric Komati (FS) 6-1
2. Ashot Khacharyan/Sam Bertram (SC) def. Alexandros Georgios/John Darmstaedter (FS) 6-3
3. Ethan Lopez/Nikolas Papic (FS) def. Mikheil Khmiadashvil/Jesse Ross (SC) 6-3
"Catch the Wave"--Stay connected with the Bulldogs on Facebook (fresnostateathletics), Instagram (fresnostateathletics) and Twitter (@FSAthletics)
|Email this article||Printer-friendly format|