April 3, 2010
FRESNO, Calif. - No. 28 Fresno State and No. 57 Hawai'i concluded their rain-delayed match on Saturday in Honlulu, Hawai'i, with the Warriors picking up a 5-2 conference victory.
On Friday, after multiple rain delays, officials determined to postpone the match just after the doubles portion was completed.
When play resumed, Fresno State sophomore Remi Boutillier picked up a singles win for the Bulldogs, by defeating Jeremy Tweedt, 6-1, 6-2.
Bulldog freshman David Ayoun was also victorious on the afternoon, by knocking off Phillipp Eberhard in straight sets, 6-3, 6-1.
'Dogs and Aggies Rained Out
Fresno State was set to square off against Utah State on Saturday in Honolulu, Hawai'i, but the match was cancelled due to rain.
The Bulldogs and Aggies completed the doubles matches, but was not able to continue because of the rainy conditions.
NCAA MEN'S TENNIS
April 3, 2010 - Honolulu, Hawai'i
No. 57 Hawai'i def. No. 28 Fresno State, 5-2
Doubles (Hawai'i wins point)
1. Andreas Weber/Philipp Eberhard (UH) def. No. 19 Remi Boutillier/Rikus de Villiers, 9-7
2. Dennis Lajola/Daniel Llarenas (UH) def. Taylor Leiby/Mirko Zapletal (FS) 8-5
3. Siddharth Alapati/Tejesvi Veerepalli (FS) def. Leo Rosenberg/Jeremy Tweedt (UH) 8-4
Order of Finish: 2,3, 1
1. Dennis Lajola (UH) def. Mirko Zapletal (FS) 7-5, 4-6, 6-4
2. Andreas Weber (UH) def. Rikus de Villiers (FS) 5-7, 6-3, 6-3
3. Leo Rosenberg (UH) def. Tejesvi Veerepalli (FS) 6-4, 6-7, 4-2, retired
4. Remi Boutillier (FS) def. Jeremy Tweedt (UH), 6-1, 6-2
5. David Ayoun (FS) vs. Philipp Eberhard (UH) 6-3, 6-1
6. Dmytro Kovalyov (UH) def. Siddharth Alapati (FS) 7-5, 6-4
Order of Finish: 4, 5, 3, 1, 2*, 6
"We Are Your Team" - Come cheer on the Bulldogs against Sacramento State on April 10 at the Spalding G. Wathen Tennis Center. For all the up to date information on Fresno State men's tennis stay logged on to gobulldogs.com.
|Email this article||Printer-friendly format|