The Bulldogs next home game is Apr. 4 against Saint Mary's.
Feb. 24, 2009
Complete Release in PDF Format
FRESNO, Calif. - The Fresno State women's lacrosse team has 12 days between games before returning to the field on Feb. 28 when they play at fellow Mountain Pacific Sports Federation member UC Davis. The game is set to start at 1 p.m.
Scouting UC Davis
UC Davis is currently 1-1 and lost its season-opener to Oregon 13-6. UC Davis defeated Saint Mary's 14-13 in two overtimes on Feb. 22 and plays Stanford on Feb. 25 before the Bulldogs come to town. Molly Lapolla leads the Aggies with five goals and two assists.
A Season of Firsts
- Molly Sovacool won the first ever draw control to open Saturday's game against Cal.
- Diana Aguilar had the first ever save for a goalie on a shot taken by Alyse Kennedy a minute into the game.
- The first Fresno State shot was taken by Heather Jack at the 27:59 mark of the first half.
- The first Fresno State substiution was Christina Cabias six minutes into the first half.
- The attendance for the first ever lacrosse home game was 928.
- Heather Jack scored the Bulldogs first-ever goal against Stanford with 4:21 left in the game.
Game Time Changed
Fresno State's April 11th contest at Howard will be played at 7 a.m. Pacific Time and not 10 a.m. Pacific Time.
Fresno State goalie Diana Aguilar leads the MPSF in saves-per-game at eight a contest.
Putting the Puzzle Together
Sue Behme can't help but to reflect on the past and how she and the team has arrived to where they are now. Since being hired in May, Behme hired Lindsay Gotham and Carlee Buck as assistant coaches and had a team of 23 student-athletes in the fall that was ready to be the pioneers of Fresno State women's lacrosse.
"It's almost surreal," Behme said. "When I was hired this whole time frame has gone so quickly that it is almost a blur. We have gone from having absolutely nothing to hiring a staff to creating competitive roster that has trained full-time since August. I have to sit and think about all the things that have happened that have gotten us to where we are because it is amazing that we are where we are."
"Join the State - Fresno State!" -
The `Dogs travel to take on UC Davis on Saturday, February 28 at 1:00 pm. They return home to Bulldog Stadium on Saturday, April 4 as they host Saint Mary's at 1:00 pm.