Jan. 26, 2014
By Kasandra Martinson
CLEMSON, S.C. ---The Fresno State women's tennis team had another 4-0 loss to No. 27 Purdue on Sunday morning at the Clemson Indoor Tennis Facility in Clemson, S.C.
Purdue took the doubles point early, defeating the 'Dogs on courts one and three with scores of 6-1.
Fresno State was unable to come back in singles play as the Boilermakers won the next three points in straight sets to take the match.
The Bulldogs finished ITA Kick-Off Weekend with two losses to Top-30 teams.
Moving forward, the 'Dogs next play Sacramento State (0-2) on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 1 p.m.
#56 Fresno State 0, #27 Purdue 4
1. L. Xepoleas (PUR-W) def. #104 Sophie Watts (FS) 6-3, 6-1
2. #110 M. Schmidt (PUR-W) vs. Aishwarya Agrawal (FS) 6-2, 2-2, unfinished
3. D. Vidal (PUR-W) def. Sofya Malysheva (FS) 6-1, 6-2
4. N. Robinson (PUR-W) def. Anne Susdorf (FS) 6-2, 6-1
5. Anneka Watts (FS) vs. T.Bernard-Feigenbaum (PUR-W) DNP
6. Claire Yang (FS) vs. K. Kapitany (PUR-W) DNP
1. K. Kapitany/M. Schmidt (PUR-W) def. #41 Aishwarya Agrawal/Claire Yang (FS) 6-1
2. D. Vidal/L. Xepoleas (PUR-W) vs. Sofya Malysheva/Tanya Murtagh (FS) 4-1, unfinished
3. N. Davila/N. Robinson (PUR-W) def. Sophie Watts/Anne Susdorf (FS) 6-1
"Catch the Wave"--Stay connected with the Bulldogs on Facebook (fresnostateathletics), Instagram (fresnostateathletics) and Twitter (@FSAthletics)
|Email this article||Printer-friendly format|